The Land that Once Was (By Olivia)

 I sit upon my windowsill,

Wandering within my mind,

Atop the highest and longest hill,

Sits a world that most don't find.


Millions of weightless clouds drift across the wind,

Mysterious golden chimes sound from afar,

And beyond the shimmering bundles of mist,

Lies a world I long to depart.


Faded out pillars and stone colored ruins,

A chest containing lost treasures,

A kingdom of tales long forgotten,

Though the fascinating essence will surely last forever.


If I could hear the legends behind these remains,

When the dynasty once prospered during the king's peaceful reign,

Or how the warriors at dawn plighted their way across the sand,

How my soul would long to journey and experience this intriguing land.


Scavenging the silent mounds that had once beamed with life,

Brings unexplainable emotions to my heart; of lonely sweet sorrow,

Though as the beautiful reminders of what once was arrive,

My heart fills with light from the shining rays of tomorrow.


I return upon my windowsill,

Now awakened from the depths of my mind,

And atop the highest and longest hill...

I envision what I could find.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Poll

Updates - November + Gotta Catch 'Em All Schedule