Chains and Cages By Mark Borne

Chains and Cages
By Mark Borne
Chains and Cages weigh us down,
Yet deep inside, we hold the key.
Look around, and you will see,
The endless state of mystery.  
We writhe and scream,
And want to be free.
But look around, at what you see,
For all around, is mystery.
When you see, and see you will,
The key is there to be free.
And fly we will, and meet the sky,
And know no more, the mystery.
- Note that that the paragraphs were made like this using the punctuation, I didn’t know how to format it. If Mr. Borne needs it fixed, lemma know in the comments! -
Born Nexus: https://markswiftnexus.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. It works! :D On my blog, I split it into three even stanzas, but that was when I was obsessed with stanzas. By now, I've gotten used to single-stanza poems, so I don't care anymore xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! That's funny!
      I also like stanzas, but I don't fret. It's really GREAT and thoughtful. Thumbs up!

      Delete
    2. Thanks :D

      Fun fact: the very first poem I wrote was written over the course of a couple years. This was the SECOND poem I wrote, and I wrote it in 10 minutes (a lot sooner) whom I believed I'd never talk to again

      Delete
    3. Interesting. I started poetry at a young age, so I can't remember my first. :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Poll

Updates - November + Gotta Catch 'Em All Schedule