The Man Past the Fence | A Halloween Short Story

The Man Past the Fence

A Halloween Short Story by The PoetOfSteel

Sydney and I took one step back as Tom encouraged us to move one step forward towards Mr. Lived's house.
"Why are you guys so scared? The dudes last name is Lived!"
"That's backwards for Devil!" I told him.
"Yeah, and you can smell the rotten corpses from here!" Sydney agreed.
"Xander! Sydney! It's just Trick of Treating! He can't harm us!"
"He could've poisoned the candy!" I reasoned.
"He could take us in! As in, kidnapping! KIDNAPPING!" Wow. Sydney was really scared as well. And no way were we going in there! I quickly grabbed onto my Batman Batcape and covered everything about my face except my eyes.
"We are NOT going in THERE!" I said in my Batman voice. Sydney nodded in agreement, her Wonder Woman tiara slightly shifting with her.
"Scaredy cats!" Tom pulled a dumb move and ran to the door.
"NO!" After the in sync yelling, we quickly ran after him. Mr. Lived was yanking Tom inside by his Iron Man helmet, and I noticed my Mom was in there as well! I banged on the door as hard as I could with my low 14-year old strength. "Let me in. LET ME IN!"
Sydney then started banging the door as well. Soon, we were both banging as hard and as fast as we could.
"This isn't working." I concluded. "Maybe we should call the police!"
"NO!" Sydney shouted. "You know half of the police department is corrupted! We gotta do this ourselves!"
I nodded in agreement, then noticed the open window. I quickly grabbed my grapple from engineering class, and made a certain angle.
"Luckily I've actually been paying attention to math class recently!" I quickly shot it and yanked Sydney with me as we got in.
We immediately stormed into the living room.
"REEEEEE! I'M BATMAN! WHERE'S TOM? WE HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS! REEE!" I noticed a...party?
"Surprise!" Everyone yelled. It was a... Halloween Party?
Tom explained it all. "We had to lure you guys in, or you'd never meet my Uncle Bob! Otherwise know as...Mr. Lived!"
He stepped out from the shadows, dressed up as a black and blue ninja. "Sorry to frighten you guys!" He informed the newly-shocked Batman and Wonder Woman. "It's just that you guys never trusted me!"
Wow. We were wrong. TOTALLY wrong. He wasn't some kidnapping creep, he was a man trying to throw a proper Halloween party! After some quick apologies, we decided to join the party. After all, what was the worst that could happen?
-----------
Deep underneath the house lied a coffin that had shifted about before. Now, it lies empty, with a body missing from it's grave.

-Enter "DUN DUN DUN!" sound effect here-

Comments

  1. "You know half of the police department is corrupted!" Why did I laugh at that line omg I love that lol Really cool short story :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Poll

Updates - November + Gotta Catch 'Em All Schedule