Sleep - Poem by Gabby L.

Sleep

By the lovely Gabby L.!

Close your sleepy eyes and lay your head on your downy pillow.

Take deep breath- and exhale everything into the night air.
Rub your hands gently against the soft sheets, and let the darkness of tonight envelop you. Give in to your heavy eyelids; let them fall and calm your breathing as your heart slows.
Smile as dreams start to fill your sweet mind, and your hair falls over narrow, sunburnt shoulders.
Young mind, close your eyes and let the moonlight, cover your light skin as it peaks through the folds- of your dust covered blinds; illuminating you, under layers of blankets to hide you from the cold- that chills you to your bones.
Close your eyes darling; Let the smell of the night air soothe your breaths- and let your mind stop racing as you fall asleep.
Just close your eyes and drift into the air of the night.
But if your heart races and you can’t get comfy- or your mind dances with life and you can’t stay still; I’m here if you want to talk.

Note: I might start adding stuff to people's names to describe them, like the "lovely" before Gabby's name. It WOULD be fun to do so, and people can get a short glance and maybe a small idea on how the person is! 😁

Comments

  1. I forgot I even submitted this XD thank you for publishing and the kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I use the Google forms app but that doesn't GIVE ME NOTIFICATIONS! -Stares down Google people-

      Delete
    2. You can set it up to provide email notifications, but by default, it doesn't

      I set up my Literature Submission Form to notify me of responses, though I've only gotten 5 submissions since then. I don't get submissions often

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Poll

Updates - November + Gotta Catch 'Em All Schedule