Raven - A Poem by Mark Borne

Author's Note: Honestly, I think this is one of my best poems ever. See if you guys can figure this one out: it's got a lot of trick words/phrases!

Fly, fly, my little Raven,
Reach, reach for the sky.
See the world from the air,
My little Raven, and show it to me.
It's a big world, little Raven,
But I promise I'll find always find you.

Fly, fly, my little Raven,
Reach, reach for the stars.
Let their beauty surround you,
My little Raven, and tell it to me.
The sky has no limit, little Raven,
And I promise you'll be free.

Fly, fly, my little Raven,
Come back, come back to me.
Be watching over my shoulder,
My little Raven, and please guide me.
The world is cruel, little Raven,
Yet I'll always protect you.

Fly, fly, my clever Raven,
It's time, it's time for us to part.
Find the next little Raven,
My clever Raven, and help them grow.
I can no longer be here, clever Raven,
But you know where to find me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Poll

Updates - November + Gotta Catch 'Em All Schedule