Heat of the Moment

Heat of the Moment

By the PoetOfSteel

A rush comes over me
And I start to sweat
And the fact that she right there
Makes me bet
That I'll mess up
As usual, because the loser in me
Is something I can't get rid of
But something that we all see
So when she approaches,
I burn to a crisp
My throat gets dry
And I lose the list
Of things I want to tell her
Of what I think
Or how the things I want to do for her
Would put me on the brink
Of failure or overall embarrassment
Or of sometimes I feel not present
But the good news I can remember
Is that it was just the Heat of the Moment

I actually made this thinking about my failure to communicate with anyone of the opposite gender, but yet still become friends.
I don't know how I've never been rejected yet!

Comments

  1. Lol Relatable

    I'm getting much better, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I am or not, but lots of people still like me, so I guess that's a good sign

      Delete
  2. Don't worry, you'll get there. I think it's awkward for everyone tbh xD Good luck and I hope you can talk to her without stree!

    Also, the poem is awesome and way too relatable. The rhyming scheme is perfect and the descriptions are dead on. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Poll

Updates - November + Gotta Catch 'Em All Schedule