Final Voting Complete!

Final Voting Complete!

Gabby wins!

Here is the winning poem!

Gabby L. -  Cloudy Skies

Paint me a rainbow, use every single color 
Use the memories we’ve strung to hang it up Let your tears fall from your eyelash clouds 
And let me paint a smile with all the colors 
Of the rainbow on your chapped, thin lips I’ll build you a castle from the drought
And we can dance in our puddles of sorrow 
And bleed out every hue that ever existed 
Light up the hallways with the lightning bolts 
And let the thunder be the music in our home
Winds like the sweet breath from your lungs 
Sweeping away every word you meant to say 
Paint me a rainbow, darling, and scare away 
The storms that make this fragile house shake 
Tell me there’s a rainbow that you’ve hung up for me I built you this place, why would you want to leave? 
I blew away the clouds and held the lightning I brought back the sun for you; bring it back for me I gave you my rainbow, 
I gave you my only lights 
And now you hold the rainbow that was once mine 
A smile on your lips, you’re happy somewhere 
Sleeping in the snow, you left me alone here 
Living under dark skies, cold and overcast 
While you’re long gone- and not coming back

Shaly P: Fallen Stars

I want to say those stars above have always shone,
Have always lit my home in silvery light,
Have always cradled with the moon in the timeline before me,
This is to say those before me were in agile perfection,
But sometimes those stars didn't dance in pastel colors,
Sometimes they fell to the earth and broke like dreams,
Sometimes their silver fragments wounded others,
Sometimes we bled tears of pain, Sometimes the stars weren't there when water edged the eyes
At the mid of night,
These stars were hemmed to folded velvet skies,
And came in gloom and faded lightly again,
Letters wrote of love but never reached the ocean,
Hidden to swell burning anger to an aching peak,
Then hope left silently,
Loneliness called to be a friend,
And those stars fell from the sky,
To never drum in rivers of faint colors
This is when dreams were shattered,
When black and white painted the world,
But sound of music stitched a broken heart,
There it mended fallen stars, But there was still withering sorrow,
Because when you love someone you don't want their stars to fall,
And everywhere they went they took stars of light,
And dropped them to the beating ground,
Where stars seize to shine,
And then step all over given love,
To keep held in darkness,
But long came a bright pool of golden light,
Resemblance of a sun
Where it then picked up fallen stars,
And mended broken silver fractures,
And love came in starlight once more, But heaving final breath you near and you still collapse stars to the ground,
And colorful starlight in mended hues seeps in tears,
A bleeding heart with your fallen stars.

So, I'll probably post this as a reward, and a new competition will start soon!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Poll

Updates - November + Gotta Catch 'Em All Schedule